If you smell gas call Gas Networks Ireland 24 hour emergency line immediately on 1800 20 50 50. Don't assume somebody else has reported the smell.
What to do if you smell gas
- Call our 24 Hour Emergency Service on 1800 20 50 50 - If you can’t get through, dial 999.
- Ensure gas appliances are turned off and have not been left on and/or unlit
- Don’t use a phone in the immediate area of the leak, use a neighbour’s or call from outside
- Open windows and doors
- If the smell persists turn off the gas at the meter
- Don’t smoke or use naked flame
- Don’t unplug or switch anything electrical on or off