Our customer commitment
Our commitment to you
We continuously seek to improve the levels of service that we provide on a daily basis to our customers. We aim to achieve service excellence in all aspects of our business. Our customer charter provides assurances to our customers of our dedication to these commitments, and benchmarks the performance standards that we strive to achieve. If we fail to meet these standards, we will provide compensation in certain circumstances:
- Call response - Your call will be answered within 20 seconds.
- Quotations turnaround - We will respond to all quotation requests within 7 working days.
- Appointment granting - We will schedule your appointment within 5 working days of the request.
- Appointment keeping - We will contact you a minimum of one working day prior to any appointment re-scheduling.
- Reinstatement commitment - We will ensure all excavations are back-filled and covered securely within 24 hours of work completion.
- Gas supply interruption - We will give at least two days notice if we need to interrupt your gas supply due to essential maintenance. This does not apply for emergency response work.
- Emergency response - Our aim is that the emergency response person will always arrive on site within one hour of the gas escape being reported to us.
- Gas supply restoration - We will restore gas supply as quickly as possible.
- Handling complaints - We aim to resolve all complaints, claims, or refunds within 10 working days.
- Payment guarantee - Our aim is to issue all claims or refunds within 10 working days.
Our brand promise
- Delivering a tailored experience to address customer needs.
- Optimising customer interactions and delivers continuous improvement.
- Shifting our culture to put customers first and employees centre stage.
Customer Experience monitoring
We listen to our customers by quality monitoring our customer calls and analysing why and how you contact us. When you tell us, you have an issue or complaint, we monitor and act on these to implement solutions and improve our customer service. We also proactively ask our customers about their experience through our customer experience survey programme. This includes:
- SMS text survey to customers who contacted our contact centre
- SMS text survey to customers who we recently did work for
- Qualitative Interviews with our business customers
- Online surveys to customers who have used our Dial Before You Dig service
Insights into action
Our customer is at the centre of all we do, driving us to continuously improve our customer service. Our core values steer our service delivery, customer interaction and our resolutions. Our Insights into Action strategy drives improvement to ensure we consistently deliver an excellent customer experience.
Age Action and Gas Networks Ireland
A few words from our customers
“Really happy with the service. I cannot pinpoint any area that needs improvement, from the initial call and advice given to the engineer who responded. Very quick turnaround. Well done to all involved."
“My call was answered straight away and had someone out within the next few hours. Excellent service and advice that couldn't be improved. Super-fast response”
“Extremely pleased with pre contact and work carried out professionally and efficiently. Efficient service courteous and professional”