Leads on the interaction with Regulatory Authorities and Government Departments on matters including Regulatory Compliance.
Gas Networks Ireland’s Regulatory Affairs team leads on the interaction with Regulatory Authorities and Government Departments on matters including Regulatory Compliance and the delivery of energy transition-related activities, on behalf of GNI (UK) Limited.
Regulatory Affairs areas of responsibility include:
- Lead Gas Networks Ireland’s interaction with Regulatory Authorities in the Republic of Ireland (RoI), Northern Ireland (NI) and GB.
- Manage all regulatory contracts e.g., Interconnection and Transportations Agreements.
- Respond to all relevant consultations in conjunction with other Gas Networks Ireland departments.
- Liaise with a range of Northern Ireland stakeholders, including the Department for the Economy, the Utility Regulator, and the NI Gas Network Operators Energy Transition Group, to coordinate the delivery of gas transition-related activities.
- Ensure compliance with all Licence obligations with ownership of specific conditions assigned to relevant personnel in Gas Networks Ireland.
- Identify and address all licence compliance issues and lead engagement with Regulatory Authorities on any changes to these Licences.
Northern Ireland Energy Transition
- Monitor policy developments on behalf of GNI (UK) as the Northern Ireland Energy Strategy is delivered.
- Collaborate with the NI Gas Network Operators on key topics such as biomethane; hydrogen; gas safety; operations and R&D, as they relate to Northern Ireland.
- Liaise with key NI stakeholders to coordinate the delivery of gas transition-related activities.
- Gas Networks Ireland Licence Compliance Framework
- Gas Networks Ireland Regulatory Code of Conduct
- Our Northern Ireland network